Freaking Un-believeable #@$%$#%&&*!!! BS

Disclaimer, Big Vent Coming:

Begin Vent I can't freaking believe I have a FSM, a Chiltons, a Haynes and not a freakin one of them shows the serpentine belt route.

I can't believe I waste so much time on this stupid stuff where there is no freakin reference to this basic knowledge.

What is wrong with these idiot writers? Not everyone is a mechanic by trade and the reason I buy these manuals is to have a reference so I don't have to waste my time. But Nooooooooooo.

#$%^%#$%^*&*

Agggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

End Vent

Now, does anyone have a reference to the serpentine drive belt route on a

4.2 w/o AC?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
William Oliveri

Thanks Bill. I did eventually figure it out. What threw me was I didn't have the fan housing on where the belt runs around it (on the back side of the belt). When I located that and put it on it all came together.

Thanks again,

bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

My Chiltons and Haynes had the PCV valve and the other valve in the valve cover reversed...

Reply to
Joe

There is (was?) a sticker on the fan shroud as I recall.

======================

William Oliveri wrote:

Reply to
Don

Have you considered the possibility that you ought not have a serpentine belt? This would explain the absense of a description of the proper route.

Having said that, if it is an idler pulley, the back (outside) of the belt goes over it, if it is an accessory, the inside of the belt goes over it. An even better rule of thumb is that if the pulley is testurized somehow, the inside of the belt should be there, if the pulley is smooth, the outside of the belt belongs there.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I had the same problem, I was going to take a picture then I figured it has to be in the Haynes or on a sticker under the hood. Well it wasn't! I figured it out eventually.

After I finished, I wondered if the sticker was on the radiator that I replaced two months before I changed the belt.

Reply to
Jason

Reply to
mic canic

Maybe it's the idiot reader.

Reply to
bllsht

My Jeep has a diagram next to the radiator, in the engine compartment.

Reply to
Road Toad