Clicking Noise in Serpentine Belt Area (Camry 2005, 4 cyl)

I hear clicking noise in the serpentine belt area in my Camry 2005 (4 cyl). It has its original serpentine/drive belt at ~100 kilometers (~62 k miles). I guess there is many components that the drive belt moves, so it can be many things...

Any common issues in this regards? I have set up an appointment at Toyota delership in a week for the serpentine belt replacement (based on this news group info, it's about time to change it).

I have also noticed that idle RPM somtimes drops to 600 and results in kind of car "shaking". I am not sure if these two symptoms are connected. Possibly someone has already seen something similar.

Reply to
Wes

I thought 1998 and newer Camrys recommended timing belt replacement at

80K miles. My 1997 Camry 4 is supposed to be 60K miles. The anecdotal evidence is they tend to last another 20K miles
Reply to
badgolferman

I was referring to drive/serpentine belt, the one that moves alternator, water pump...

Reply to
Wes

The drive/serpentine belt has been replaced at Toyota dealership, but the "clicking", "diesel like engine" noise remains. The repair shop did not indicate anything out of unusual in their written comments. I have found a similar symptom in this news group, and one comment says that 4 cyl engines on Camry can get pretty noisy. The noise is not much noticable when the hood is closed, only with the hood opened. I would appreciate any comments.

Reply to
Wes

After listening closer, the noise seems to be coming from under Cylinder Head Cover.

Reply to
Wes