From Quicklok to ARB (sigh)

After almost 1 year, the "drop-in" locker has treated me nicely offroad in almost every situation. The problem is though, the wife will no longer drive the Jeep on the street anymore. This locker just isn't "streetable" enough for her. Although I'm used to it, it's miserable when towing my quad/utility trailer setup. So, I've decided to take it out and go back to open differential and start stashing money for the ARB. I realize now, I should have done it the "right way" from the start, but I'll just consider it a $300.00 experiment...

My question is: What do I do with it once it's out? Can/should it be resold. Do people buy used lockers? Is it valuable as a trading item? Perhaps a paperweight of some sort?

Thanks for your thoughts, Brian 92YJ

Reply to
bjc

Heck yeah, people buy those things. Put it up on Ebay, you will get a couple of hundred bucks for it, maybe even from me!

Jerry

Reply to
belowme

What is it that you mean by that? I just got my TJ back from the body shop and it needs locking for where I will be driving it. This is my daily driver rig, but lots of weekends it will be driven start-and-stop across a pool table flat muddy pasture. I am fed up with spin-outs.

I was thinking about something like

asa possible solution. If I will drive this to work every day will I bebetter off with something else?

Reply to
John Welch

Click on: Differentials: Limited Slip Type (Torque-Sensitive) for the Tru-Trac. It's an excellent choice on a daily driver and works very well on mud and sand.

Reply to
TJim

Never mind the "click on" instructions. I didn't realize the url would send you there automatically.

Reply to
TJim