fuel pump replacement gone wrong...

Ok I replaced the fuel pump and got it all put back together. But the engine will run for about 5 to 20 seconds and just die.

In doing this I had a number of issues of concern. One. in the bottom of the assembly that the fuel pump goes into that goes in the tank there was a washer but there was also supposed to be a 'check valve'. I could find no check valve.

I also put about 2 gallons of gas in the tank not 10... and tried to start it right up as apposed to turning the ignition on and letting the pump setup for about 20 seconds or so.

If this check valve is a real issue I will need to take the tank back out and replace it. But the problem is I can not find this part. Any advise on this.

Might I put more gas in and try to start it after the ignition is on for say 20 seconds.

Thanks, David

Reply to
quincy451