Goodnight.....

It's been a long tedious garbage-filled day here, so I'll take my leave for the nonce with this from The Incredible String Band.

(Yes, the Grateful Dead adopted it later)

Not certain of the exact sources (spirituals, biblical quotes, etc), but it's OLD! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lay down my dear sister Won't you lay and take your rest Won't you lay your head upon your saviour's breast And I love you but Jesus loves you the best And I bid you goodnight, goodnight, goodnight, And I bid you goodnight, goodnight, goodnight.....

One of these mornings bright and early and fine. Goodnight, goodnight

Not a cricket not a spirit going to shout me on Goodnight, goodnight

I go walking in the valley of the shadow of death Goodnight, goodnight

And his rod and his staff shall comfort me Goodnight, goodnight

Oh John the wine he saw the sign Goodnight, goodnight

Oh John say I seen a number of signs Goodnight, goodnight

Tell A for the ark that wonderful boat Goodnight, goodnight

You know they built it on the land getting water to float Goodnight, goodnight

Tell B for the beast at the ending of the wood Goodnight, goodnight

You know it ate all the children when they wouldn't be good Goodnight, goodnight

I remember quite well, I remember quite well Goodnight, goodnight

I was walking in Jerusalem just like John Goodnight, goodnight, goodnight.......

Reply to
Pink Freud

Yep, probably the best song from that album.

Reply to
Cassandra Incognito