Fiesta plug gap

What gap do you set the spark plugs for a May 2002 ford Fiesta with a

1.4 duratec Zetec engine please? Which plugs would be a good alternative to the ones already fitted ( Motorcraft) would Bosch be a good brand?

Many thanks to all for the help in saving labour costs.

Fiesta man

Reply to
fiesta man

Plugs should be set at the recommended gap from the factory. Just get the correct plugs and stick them in. Regarding brand, people will tell you different things, personally I reckon any of the recognised brands are much the same.

John

Reply to
John

NGK plugs are pre-set

reg

In message , John writes

Hardly a helpful reply. Sometimes the recommended gap changes and the gap set when the car left the factory is not the correct one.

To the OP, plug gap should be 1.0mm. As for the brand of plug.... Motorcraft or NGK are best for these engines IME. I would avoid Bosch and Champion.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Haven't bothered setting, or even looking at a plug gap for years. NGK are always my first chooice plug. I have used Bosch with the four tips (can't remember the exact name) and had absolutely no complaints. The car was scrapped witht them still in the engine. I agree about Champion plugs. Absolutely s**te they are.

Reply to
gazzafield
[...]

The plug gap for Zetec engined Fords was originally 1.3mm. This was found to increase the possibility of ignition coil failure, so the recommendation was revised to 1.0mm. It's worth checking the gap on this basis.

With over 25 years experience of owning Ford cars, I would only ever use Motorcraft in them. Agree 100% with NGK for everything else however.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

In message , Chris Whelan writes

NGK's have been OE fit on Mondeo, Focus, Ka from 2000 onwards:-

Paul Giverin

replying to John, JB wrote: ALL well and good until you fit 1 or all without CHECKING THEM that COULD have been DROPPED! an ISSUE I SEE REGULARLY!

Reply to
JB

You replying to a thread that started over 15 years ago !!

FFS read the date before replying, or better still learn how to post to newsgroups directly.

Reply to
Andrew