'07 Wrangler 2-door - Sunrider problem?

I just bought a 2007 Wrangler 2-door with the sunrider top option, however the manual doesn't have ANY description of how to use the sunrider for the 2-door, only the 4-door. I figured out that I had to slide the two plastic retainers forward on the side bows on the 2- door, so that I could then fold the header portion back. But where am I supposed to attach the straps to secure it as the 4-door does? The top doesn't fold up into a W like on the four door, the front portion just flips back like a lid. Or do I just leave it as is and not use any straps? It came with two loops with a snap button on them, and two velcro-locking straps in the glove box. Thanks! Frenchy

Reply to
frenchy

I would guess they're not needed. Call the maker: Bestop:

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Definitely contact the maker; Mr. Hughes' advice can occasionally be dangerous.

This top looks different than mine... I figured out that there are two spring-loaded levers on the top of each door sill. It has a small pin that locks into a very large hole in brackets that are on each bow, behind where the sunrider part folds back. So this looks like how it is supposed to be secured. That one in the pdf is secured with straps. Great - except when I tried the sunrider mode, the driver side pin is locking, but the passenger side is not, even when the top is fully locked down. Looks like the bracket is just smidge too far back for it's pin to go in the hole. Even if I push hard forward on the header when locking down, that pin might go in (I can tell it has grabbed into the edge of the hole) but when I release the header, it pops back out. What I'm thinking is I could drill out that hole a little towards the front to give the pin more clearance. The pin is tiny compared to the hole. I don't see any way to adjust the position of the pin mechanism or the bracket. Either that or I can just secure the bow some other way with a strap around the door sill and the bow. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Reply to
frenchy

Aw shit, Billie, you know I wanna say 'Oh, shucks, ma'am' when you talk like that.

But worry not, they are all well aware of what I am, just as they know what you are not.

Fortunately, humbleness is one of my greatest talents, so your words won't flatter me, even though they be true.

Bless you, My errant bastard.

JC .....

Reply to
Jesus H. Chrysler, Esq.

OOOps, I found an addendum in the owner's packet that explains the 2- door sunrider. It is indeed secured with the straps, I was not folding the fabric up correctly as explained in the addendum. Since the four door doesn't have these locking mechanisms I'm assuming they are just for extra lockdown of the top due to the sunrider hinge being there. Probably not to actually lock the top down in sunrider mode, so I won't worry about the one that isn't locking. I'll just watch it while driving and see if it looks like it's wanting to lift up there at higher speeds or not.

Reply to
frenchy

Just a repeat.

When dealing with Billie, remember that his brain is only as strong as his weakest Link.

All his answers are links.

Many are outdated, and many are just plain wrong.

There are many very knowledgeable people here, you just lost the luck of the draw first time around.

Ask Mike Romaine or some of the other regs, what few Billie hasn't chased away.

Reply to
Pink Freud