ground strap loose after fuel pump replacement, related (Yes/No)

Ok I replaced the fuel pump on my Jeep. Soon after that the electrical started going nuts. I had weak lights, weak a/c, no dash gages, etc. This was diagnosted and fixed by the dealer who told me it was a loose ground strap. My question is, is this ground strap under the car where in moving the tank in and out not once but twice, the fuel pump was not a smooth repair, it might have been knocked loose. Or is it under the hood somewhere, where the two are not related.

Thanks, David

Reply to
quincy451

There is the main mesh ground strap that runs from the rear of the head to the firewall. Your description of the symptoms points there.

That 'can' easily imitate a dead fuel pump too though, so I would sure keep the old one for a trail spare. ;-)

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain