CEL after Fuel Pump replacement

After having a warranty replacement for the fuel pump on my Focus the check engine light came on. I had the codes check and it indicated that there was a problem with the gas cap. Could there be something else causing the error code? Is there any type of conncection that might not have been reattached after the fuel pump was replaced?

Reply to
mykul_71

I had the same problem after a fuel pump replacement. The code showed was a loose or missing fuel cap so the dealer said that I did not have the fuel cap on tight enough, which was BS. After 6 trips back to the dealer, countless smoking of the fuel tank, a new fuel cap which did not solve the problem, a new canister solenoid, a new purge valve assembly, the problem is half arsed solved. I still occasionally get the CIL light on. It comes on and then a day later goes out, with no code stored. I talked to a friend who works for Esso and he said it might be the gas. Sometimes there is a bad batch of gasoline with a slightly lower octane which will cause a misfire. Go Figure.

Reply to
Henri