Childrens story book about a Jeep?

Gi'day Group. When I was a kid in primary school, I remember reading a series of books about Jeeps. The story is about a young Boy who stays at the grandparents farm and when exploring he came across an abandoned barn/farm. Inside the barn was an old Jeep which he got running and drove around. The next book dealt with owner showing up and he then tried to buy it. Anyone know of this story. I like to find out so as to get a copy for my nephew. Almost considering calling the librarian at the school. But Jeepers I haven't been in that school in almost a century :-)

Reply to
FrankW

I would love to help you out, but if I go anywhere near the library I'm sure they'll have me arrested for not returning the slot car racing book that I took out in 1967.

David

Reply to
CFLav8r

Not the one you are looking for, but I have a book for my kids called "Sheep in a Jeep" by Nancy E Shaw.

Reply to
Rusted

I think I read the same book when I was an early teen. I remember thinking that it would be really cool to stumble onto an old Jeep, get it running and driving it around. I remember the title being 'Year of the Jeep'. After searching google, I came up with Keith Robertson as the author (IBSN 0670793582 April 1968). I really enjoyed that book. I guess I was a Jeeper way back then and never realized it.

Reply to
JeePenn