Where did this shredded ground strap connect?

I was doing a close-up inspection of our '95 Caravan 3.0L last night before my wife takes it for a road trip, and I discovered a shredded ground strap under the hood near the front (pulley side) of the engine. It appears to have been caught in the belts, but it was in tough shape to begin with, so it might have come apart on its own.

The trouble is that the FSM doesn't indicate this strap in any of the diagrams, and I can't see where it connected to. The part that's left is attached near the motor mount on the frame rail--again, this is on the passenger side of the vehicle, up fairly high in the engine compartment, forward of the shock tower. Anybody know where it went? I'm thinking that it was probably ripped out of the other termination point, and I just can't see where it was supposed to go. The van runs fine, of course, but I don't need any weirdness like a wheel bearing failure because of this. I also found some decaying vacuum lines, so I've got a little work cut out for me...

If you've got one of these, I'd really appreciate it if you could take a peek under the hood and let me know.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

Marvin Cohen

"Geoff" geoff snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote

It had 2 clips. It bridges the rubber motor mount. It was used in a lot of model years.

Reply to
StevJensen

Yup, I think it's supposed to provide ground from the block to the chassis across the rubber motor mount. There's probably another one under the car between the exhaust system and the body.

Cheers,

Chris Mauritz