H*E*L*P, I have an itch....

I went from a '96 ZJ Limited to a '99 WJ Limited. Honestly, I liked the ZJ better.

WJ: Looks nicer (IMO) More power (OHC 4.7L vs. 5.2L) Full size spare fits under the rear floor.

ZJ: Rode and handled better. Better gas mileage. Seats were more comfortable. Better in the snow ("varilock" in the WJ transfer case is crap.) No dual-zone HVAC (who cares? not worth the repairs!!) Costs less. More reliable. All the same luxury gadgets as the WJ.

Not that the WJ is a bad car, I just expect newer models to be substantially better than the ones they replace - and it isn't.

Go test drive a few.

Reply to
The Reverend Natural Light

It's useful for turning your rig on its side so you can perform routine maintenance.

Reply to
T. Greening

Obviously you don't know how to drive.

Reply to
Socks

Yea and it's "off road" and I don't see any straight axle Jeeps out on any Baja races either

Reply to
Socks

"Better at jumping" is not the same as "the advantage on every type of terrain". There are places where my stock YJ can go, that your Hummer cannot.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Don't own a Hummer. I've taken my 1976 Austin Mini places where SFA Jeeps couldn't get to.

Reply to
Socks

I have driven a Honda Civic under water, with and without a windshield.

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

In article , XS11E wrote: # snipped-for-privacy@urusei.net (Herb Leong) wrote: #> The WK series does not have a solid front axle. If you plan on #> doing nothing but gravel roads or flat dry dirt, it's fine, I #> guess. # #An independent suspension is a big advantage off road, I have no idea

Like this?

Keep in mind the specific IFS system on a HMMWV (Hum-Vee) has a

*lot* more range of motion than the IFS that you will find on most any comercial vehicle. The IFS on a WK is a lot closer to the KJ's than the HMMWV's.

While the WK's IFS has a extra inch (I think) on the *unmodified* WJ's range of motion, once you disconnect the swaybar, there is no comparison.

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

Yeah, but part of that is because you could load 2 YJ's in a *real* Hummer. I've been places in my bud's Samurai that I couldn't go in my YJ.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolson!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

I can relate to that! A quick release sway bar kit is most definitely a good investment.

Reply to
Socks

But did you also drive it _out_ of the water?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Don't own a Honda Civic either... But apperntly you are a super hero... So?

Reply to
Socks

Take your meds.

Reply to