Help with Light tabs for 1.5" tubing

I want to mount a few lights on my tj front bumper with the pre runner guard from garvin. I am specfically looking for something like this

These look like you have to drill through the tubing, I don't want to do this. Anybody know of the same but clamping styles 1.5", or similar u bolts for auxilary lighting?

An alternative was looking at Kchilites light bars, but since I have a winch with 2 fog lights, its getting more complicated. I really like

one, but don't want the fogs anywhere near the winch and since Ihave a garvin front bumper don't know if this light bar will clear thefogs on the outer sides unless I order the thing. From pics, itdoesn't seem likely it will fit. Any thoughts on this? Any other light bars I can look at for 3 lights up top? I don't want a windshield light bar.

Thanks guys/gals.

Reply to
nawt2smart

If you are against drilling you are probably against welding as well. But just in case you are not, here is a site with options for you. I have used the Trick Tabs before, and they would work perfect for 1.5" tubing. The way they are bent offers lots of surface area to weld to.

As for the bolt on options. I have seen flashlight or fire extinghisher mounts that may work as well, but I am not sure where you would find those at.

Rusted

Unless your running "all show, no go, lights" your going to find that vibrations and simple daily pounding will cause them to rotate in clamps. That's why you have to drill. Quality off-road lamps are heavy.

But that's not a big issue, holes is holes. Clamps will abrade the paint and powercoat and you can always have a hole welded in and painted if you want to. If your worried about rust, the clamps will rust also. Surface prep and a sealer coat of paint after the tabs are on is about as good as you can do.

Your kinda limited as roll-bar lights are best for rear and side. Point them forward and all they help with is reading maps.

Reply to
DougW

Understood. Just want some more visibilty in the so-cal desert. I wheel alot out there alone on the way to the colorado river. Mostly sand and volcanic rock. I got burned a few months ago and pushed in my oil pan 2 inches on a nasty rock. Had that replaced for 600 at the dealer. Ouch! My stupidity, just running to fast at night.

I was thinking of 2-4 150 watt daylighters and maybe a 100 watt flood.

Thanks for the help. My dad can weld, but always has to practice on the same metals to get the bead (?) right. I have a problem, having him play with a $200 light bar, that may or not be burned through and or strong. Maybe my best bet is to just drill it. Hope I can get it straight and right on.

did some more looking tonight. seems warrior has them, but am unable to find them online, other than their website. Thanks for the tips.

Take care.

Reply to
nawt2smart

Reply to