How much should it move?

92 Wrangler, 4.0, Manual.

If I drop the rear driveline, reach up and grab the pinion yoke and twist to the left and right - how much slop should there be? (tires on the ground). How much movement would be "excessive"? A lot of slop would mean a worn pinion gear or ring gear - or both?

Constructive opinions welcome, Brian

Reply to
bjc

A little. Hard to say but figure the gears have some backlash. I would guess about 1mm of rotation, but that's just a guess. Never actually bothered to measure.

oops. ^_^

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

That was a good answer. Thanks for the info Bill.

Reply to
Peter Parker