I'm Through With AutoZone! <long rant>

Well fellow Jeep people, I am through with AutoZone! First they wanted $214+ for a radiator (that was another thread). I ended up finding one at another 'local' parts store for $131.00. I needed a new bottom hose, so the guy looks it up in the computer, mumbles a little and brings me a hose. I tell him it doesn't look the same. He states "Well that's what it calls for". Well I don't care what his computer 'called' for, it was the wrong friggen hose! I finally managed to get it to work after cutting about a foot off of it and making a small slice on the side to make it fit on the water pump. Put a new water pump on. That was ok. Put in a new thermostat. It looked a tad different, but I thought 'hey, it's aftermarket, I'll put the little 'dimple' towards the hose". Wrong answer! Temp gauge didn't move and I had no heat whatsoever! So AutoZone dude says, 'we don't have the right one for it'. Hence, I say "No @#%$"! So I call NAPA, they hooked me right up with what I needed, and even helped out on a couple of other things. I use to only get my 'tune-up' stuff there ie., plugs, wires, etc., but now NAPA is my parts store! Sorry for the rant, but man I feel a lot better! Dan

Reply to
Daniel Paisley

Ahhhhh... I for one don't just buy parts because the computer says" its the part number needed", if it doesn't match what I have I look else where (even turn and ask here). Secondly, in your other thread myself and others told you to shop around for the rad, you can't blame autozone because their price wasn't a cheap, could be that their rad is better (hence the higher price)

Snow... 'the smart ones always blame others for their mistakes, cause their too stupid to look in the mirror' - JJ Noah.

Reply to
Snow

AMEN . . . I wouldn't buy any thing at Auto Zone, either ! ! ! It's nothing but crap. NAPA is OK, but I like CarQuest because

9 times out of 10 they'll have want I'm looking for in stock. Tom T
Reply to
Tom T

snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca (Snow) wrote: Ahhhhh... I for one don't just buy parts because the computer says" its the part number needed", if it doesn't match what I have I look else where (even turn and ask here). Secondly, in your other thread myself and others told you to shop around for the rad, you can't blame autozone because their price wasn't a cheap, could be that their rad is better (hence the higher price)------------------------------------------------------- Ahhh, I did check around for the rad, was gonna buy one for $134.00 off the internet until I talked to the guy who owns a garage next to me. He called all of his parts dealers and found the cheapest. He also informed me that as of late, all of AutoZones parts have increased in price. He mentioned buying a gear box _through a dealer_ cheaper than AutoZone had it. Now we all know that dealers ain't cheap when it comes to parts. AutoZone use to be a discount parts store, but it just seems as though they have flip-flopped. Is it due to more popularity and franchises? If that is the case, their end is near. Dan

------------------------ Snow... 'the smart ones always blame others for their mistakes, cause their too stupid to look in the mirror' - JJ Noah.

------- Also, if you typed this quote just for me, let me point out that 'the smart ones' use a spell check. "cause their" should be 'cause they're" HTH :)

Reply to
Daniel Paisley

Nope actually had located that qoute a few days before your post, you were just the first one to recieve it, but a spell checker would not snag 'cause their' as it is correct, but yes should have been 'cause they're'. So much for American grammer in school as I copied that (cut and paste) from a US Grammer education site ... lol

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

While we're on the subject, it's 'grammar'.

-- C.R. Krieger (Makes a living doing that)

Reply to
Motorhead Lawyer

And the site address is..........???????

Reply to
Dave Lee