Inconsistent Heater Problem - 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I am experiencing problems with the heater which I hope somebody can assist with - before I end up taking the thing to the local dealer.

In essence, there are dual heating controls, one for the passenger side and one for the drivers. With the thermostat control set to max, the passenger side heater seems to work fine (although it does seem to take a while heating up). However, even with the drivers thermostat control set to max, the heater on the driver's side always seems to pump out cold air.

As you can imagine, this is a tad inconvenient with the cold English weather right now.

Any pointers are very much appreciated.

Regards,

-- Shuaib

Reply to
srabbani

There's been repeated mutterings in the group about Grand Chreokee "blend doors" failing prematurely. I don't know if your GC is left- or right-hand drive and I don't know if the flaw affects RHD vehicles but it does affect the LHD vehicles on this side of The Great Pond. There is a TSB for this problem for model years 1999-2004: 2400104. For a discussion of what the various failure modes are and what the repair entails see:

For GCs assembled prior to Sept, 1999, it might be as simple as replacing an air duct, under TSB 240100, but yours was built after that. Bummer. (Keyword search term _240100_)
And just for giggles, here's a listing of the TSBs against 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee:
And safety recalls:
Good luck.

-- "I defer to your plainly more vivid memories of topless women with whips....r" R. H. Draney recalls AFU in the Good Old Days.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton