2001 E320 climate control heating problem?

Here in California we rearly use the heater but this winter I noticed that in heating with EC depressed that the driver temerature control controls both zones. The passenger side produces hot air even if the control on that side is set way down. Without EC, after a while (about

10 minutes driving) the air conditioning kicks in on the passenger side. Is this normal?

Secondly, the electronic manual air direction control on the console seems to have no effect. The only way to get hot air down to the feet appears to be by manually closing each vent outlet on the dashboard. Is this normal?

Bob

Reply to
bobb2

Abnormal. Warranty item.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Thanks for that reply. I assume that it applies to both items listed.

T.G. Lambach wrote:

Reply to
bobb2