tools to replace front disc brakes

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could tell me what tools I need to replace the pads on my front discs.

I have a '98 Grand Cherokee, and I'd like to make sure I have the right stuff before I start. This is my first Jeep, but I've replaced a lot of brakes on my previous cars. Some of them required odd sizes of star bits.

Thanks!

--Bill snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
William Ames

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Just the standard stuff and a big ass C clamp to push the piston back in. (remember to take loosen the lid on the brake fluid container first so it doesn't burp) Use the old pad to push the piston back in.

Clean, lube and check the carrier bolts for wear.

Reply to
DougW

In article , William Ames wrote: #Hi, # #I was wondering if somebody could tell me what tools I need to replace the #pads on my front discs. # #I have a '98 Grand Cherokee, and I'd like to make sure I have the right #stuff before I start. This is my first Jeep, but I've replaced a lot of #brakes on my previous cars. Some of them required odd sizes of star bits.

Other than being all metric, it's pretty standard. ;-P

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong