Install Rear Wiper Arm '97 GC

Hello to all and thanks in advance for any answers. The rear wiper arm on my '97 Grand Cherokee needs replacement (spring stopped springing) so I bought a new one. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to remove the old one. Does it just snap off (as it appears)? Don't want to break anything but I figured you experts could shed some light.

Thanks again!

Reply to
Schmoe

Schmoe did pass the time by typing:

Depends, on most you just fold the arm back all the way (like when cleaning the window) that releases the catch. Then just pull the arm off. Some have a small clip that needs to be slid away.

Reply to
DougW

I'm not referring to the wiper itself but the actual spring loaded arm. Did you think I meant the wiper itself?

Reply to
Schmoe

I'm talking about the arm.

Took me a sec to remember.

Piccie:

Bend the arm back, find the little metal clip and pry between it and the arm. The arm should just slide off. Slide the new one on.

Reply to
DougW

Perfect! Thanks for the help!

Reply to
Schmoe

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

L.W. (ßill) Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

Interesting, haven't seen that type before.

Reply to
DougW

Schmoe did pass the time by typing:

Your welcome.