Interesting article

Quote: As Mike Donoughe, vice president of Chrysler's body-on-frame product team explains, these requirements make the Wrangler one of the most challenging products to reengineer: "The solid axles are another thing that we will never depart from on the Wrangler. We have our base and our heritage and it is our responsibility to protect that."

Sorry, Bill, you'll need to delete that picture you keep recycling every year.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

No one that I know, and I know several. You're thinking of Ford.

I noticed you renamed that file again.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Bill: WTH is that thing? Is this a prototype or an actual '07 Wrangler??? That thing is not only pug-ugly, but I see some pretty funky suspension changes that I don't like. Half-shafts? WTH is that? Trailing arms? What are these people smoking?

Reply to
Outatime

It was a concept car that came in around 2004. Bill has been calling it the

05,06,07,08 Wrangler, so stick around for it to be renamed to the 09 Wrangler.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

LOL! Okay, got it. I've seen some pretty wiered stuff from DC lately, but this went WAY beyond anything that would sell in the real world.

Reply to
Outatime

Probably would sell to those who are "on the other bus" !

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne