CARTER BBD CARBURETOR VENTURI CLUSTER

Have a 88YJ with 4.2. Having problems with stalling, jeep will not idle. Took out idle tube and venturi cluster to clean them. Now I forget which way the venturi cluster is installed. With the domes up, the engine will not idle at all; with the domes down, the engine will idle but when braking the engine stalls. Any input?

jeepr

Reply to
jeepr

Here is an exploded view of the BBD:

Stalling when hitting the brakes implies too low an idle or a sticky EGR valve. You can temporarily disconnect the EGR and block it's vacuum line to see if that helps.

There is a second bad idle situation, but that usually causes surges and pukes oil into the air filter.

Mike

Mike Romain

Thanks Mike I had already looked at the link and can not tell what way the cluster goes. I guess what I need is a down the throat picture of a complete carb. I will take a look at the EGR

Jeepr

Mike Roma> Here is an exploded view of the BBD:

Reply to
jeepr

Found some good pics here

page 7now will look at EGR Jeepr

Mike Roma> Here is an exploded view of the BBD:

Reply to
jeepr

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Well, the kit is about twenty bucks and you are right, it is a well spent twenty. Comes with directions and set up instructions.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III