CARTER BBD CARBURETOR VENTURI CLUSTER

Have a 88YJ with 4.2. Having problems with stalling, jeep will not idle. Took out idle tube and venturi cluster to clean them. Now I forget which
way the venturi cluster is installed. With the domes up, the engine will not idle at all; with the domes down, the engine will idle but when braking the engine stalls. Any input?
jeepr
Here is an exploded view of the BBD:
http://www.carburetorfactory.com/expvw03.html
Stalling when hitting the brakes implies too low an idle or a sticky EGR valve. You can temporarily disconnect the EGR and block it's vacuum line to see if that helps.
There is a second bad idle situation, but that usually causes surges and pukes oil into the air filter.
Mike 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06 http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id !15147590 (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)
jeepr wrote:

Thanks Mike I had already looked at the link and can not tell what way the cluster goes. I guess what I need is a down the throat picture of a complete carb. I will take a look at the EGR
Jeepr
Mike Romain wrote:

Found some good pics here http://www.jeepcarterbbdcarb.com/Instructions.htm page 7 now will look at EGR
Jeepr
Mike Romain wrote:

Wow, there are so many things that may go wrong with a carburetor. Spend ten bucks for a kit and do it right. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com http://www.billhughes.com /
jeepr wrote:

Well, the kit is about twenty bucks and you are right, it is a well spent twenty. Comes with directions and set up instructions.
Mike 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06 http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id !15147590 (More Off Road album links at bottom of the view page)
"L.W.(Bill) Hughes III" wrote:

Oh yes, in Canadian dollars that would be about five in Real dollars? ;-) I can see the accelerator check valve being pumped out to suck a valve or piston. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com http://www.billhughes.com /