J.C. Whitney fiberglass body tubs - any opinions?

Does anyone have any experience with the J.C. Whitney fiberglass body tubs (see link below).

The description sounds good and the price is several hundred dollars less than other sources. They are also offering free shipping for limited time.

Thanks Larry

Reply to
Larry W

Who is "Omix Ada"? This same name appeared when I ordered my Tuffy stuff from Turner 4WD parts.

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

I love google! :)

tw

Reply to
twaldron

He is a Syrian illegal immigrant who is selling 4x4 parts made of baked C-4 and plans on remotely detonating them next july 4.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Well.....

You get what you pay for sometimes, But....

They have only sold one it would seem and that one was a POS that didn't fit nothing according to the review. The tub was too narrow to fit a hood even and the tunnel was wrong.

It also isn't very strongly build in my opinion. They only use 1/2" plywood floor cores and they use plywood for the rear bracing.

They don't mention 'any' reinforcing in the firewall area.

Mine has diamond plating sandwiched in there and 1" cores for the floor. All the Jeep parts fit onto it including hard doors and top. I bought mine from a gent in Kingston Ontario Canada.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

Most people have had reasonable results with the Shell Valley stuff.

JC Whitney is not a particularly great supplier of anything in my experience. Their biggest problem is that they sell too much different stuff to be very knowledgeable about any one line.

Reply to
RapidRonnie