jeep cherokee brakes pedal pulse

Hi Folks: I totally overhauled the brakes on my jeep, new rotors, drums, pads, shoes and all, and THEN the brakes started pulsing horribly. Here is the problem: The rims on this Jeep contact the drums on the outer rim, when it should only contact the hub area. This can even be seen on the outside! I cut some aluminum flashing to build the hub area out a bit. This piece has a big hole for the hub, and slots for the lugs. I put this on the drum, slap on the rim, and this pushes the rim out 20 mils or so, enough to keep the rim from hitting the outer rim of the drum. I can even 'see' the difference between the old drums and the new ones. Harry

Reply to
harry

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

You have the wrong parts. They changed both the front and rear sizes in there somewhere.

There was a recent thread on this here I think.

Using a shim can be really dangerous because the wheel studs can shear from the off set.

Mike

harry wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

harry did pass the time by typing:

You have the wrong parts. Put the correct ones in there before you kill yourself or someone else.

Model, year, would help.

Here are a couple of sites for parts searching.

DougW

Are they original rims? a previous owner might have mixed and matched parts.

Reply to
Mike