Jeep Died....Help

While coming home from work today, my 97 Jeep Wrangler just died. There was no prior warning of anything. I filled up the gas on the way home but still, instantaneous death? Anyway, anybody that has troubleshot (troubleshooted?) something like this before, I appreciate your help. My standard logic is its gotta be gas, air, or electric. Oh, by the way, it will still crank like hell, just won't even try to start. Thanks in advance for any help................

Reply to
RS

Crank position sensor maybe:

JimG

Always the first guess on those engines is the CPS. You can just clean or even reseat the plug usually and be good to go again. The plug for it is near the back of the engine on top of the manifold. It is located on the bell housing in behind there.

Mike

JimG wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I found my problem. I installed a Ford Taurus fan awhile back and the relay died causing fuse 11 to burn out. This is the fuse labeled for the Power Distribution Center. Anyway, I jerry rigged it back into operation using the spare relay that was connected to the A/C. My question now is what's a reliable relay that I can use? The ones i'm using are for 73? Ford F-350 ignition I think. I was following online directions. I want something good to keep from looking like a dumb*ss on the side of the road again for awhile. Any suggestions?

Reply to
RS

CPS, was there change and vroom.... ....

Reply to
Patrick

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

RS did pass the time by typing:

Standard relay. NAPA sells them for 4-6$, dealer for about 9$. I always keep spares for critical circuits.

Reply to
DougW