Jeep Liberty hit by a rock. Help!!

I have an 03. While driving down the road at 40 mph, some kid threw a big rock at my passenger front door. It put a deep gouge and dent right beside the LIBERTY logo on the door. The dent and gouge is right where there is a crease in the door from the factory right above the door guard. I want it fixed right. I want a new door. Would my insurance company give me any problems with this?

Reply to
VIPERS969

Try asking your agent

chris

Reply to
gosling1

That is a question that is better put to your insurance company than a bunch of drunken offroad freaks that look upon dents as some kind of badge of glory, or a reason to kill.

Reply to
CRWLR

To me, it's a reason to KILL!

Reply to
VIPERS969

My first instinct when I saw the subject was to say "if it was a real Jeep (thanks, Bill, for that mindset..) it would have gone OVER the rock".

;-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric

What did you do to the kid?

John Davies Spokane WA USA

Reply to
John Davies

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Get an estimate on REPAIR. Your insurance may not give you a new door unless it costs almost as much as the repair.

I feel your pain. I got a XJ back in 1996. I parked it in my college parking lot and less than 10 minutes later some idiot opens their door into the rear passenger door. There was no one in the spot next to me so I knew that this was the car. My HUGE buddy and I (not huge) proceeded to forcibly remove parts of his old, rusting, POS car.

Surprisingly I only have gotten 2 other dings in 6.5 years which isn't bad considering I dont' give too much though to parking next to anyone anymore (but I conciously park next to a "nice" car if given the choice).

Reply to
Valued User