jeep poo.

There I was under the front end doing the usual oil/transfer fluid changes and figured why not hit the zerks with some grease while I'm covered in stuff anyway.

Got them all then did the front prop shaft. Squeezed, squeezed some more, still nothing from around the seal. Got to thinking aloud just where this stuff is going to. Gave it one more squeeze and found out. It's going up the shaft to a little hole just behind the U joint and building up into a nice sized blob that fell directly onto my forehead.

My jeep pooped on me!

Reply to
DougW

L.W.(ßill)

L.W. (ßill) Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

:) Good point. I'll jack up the frame and that will let the axle sag and compress excess goo out of there without blowing things.

Reply to
DougW

actually when you grease your axles you want to cover that hole with your finger and pump until grease is coming out where the splines are... that way you get grease where it is supposed to be. (according to the jeep bible and Haynes)

leave a

hydraulics that

to get away

axle

things.

Reply to
brad smith

brad smith did pass the time by typing:

Ah, thanks. I'll cover the hole and give it one more squirt then let it compress to get rid of the excess.

Reply to
DougW

hahaha! hasn't happened to me yet..i noticed that little hole there long ago.... that must've been a mess to clean up..

Reply to
serg

Reply to
Jerry McG