Jeep Wrangler cold starts

Does anyone know if the 95 Jeep Wranglers have any type of cold start switch that sort of acts as a choke. My Wranglers doesn't want to start when cold. I'm more knowledgeble on motorcycle fuel injection so not sure about the Jeep. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks, John

Reply to
JConRVT

What weight oil are ya running? How cold is cold?

Reply to
Jeepers

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Approximately 12/1/03 08:43, JConRVT uttered for posterity:

How cold? And does it matter if it is also [how?] wet?

The '95 just uses the fuel injection to richen up the mix for starting. Should start down to zero level temps easily.

Does the engine crank at full speed or notably slower? If so, check battery, cables, and oil weight.

Does the engine crank for a longer time before it fires than when warmer?

Does the engine crank and fire, but then sputter and stop or just fire intermittently? Wrong oil weight a common cause.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Thanks for all of the replies. Not very cold. I'm in East TN. Not at freezing yet... when it hits the 40s I start having the problem. I've owned the Jeep since new and never had a problem even in subzero. Oil same as always. The things turns over then and then eventually kicks on. I usually try 3-4 times then it will start. Initially thought it was just fuel but when it is warmer the things starts just like normal. Amps were low this morning but I had not driven this thing in almost a week. Could be the batter but it seems to turn over without too much trouble. Thanks, John

Reply to
JConRVT