Just to let everyone know

Forgot to mention, It was born on my birthday. Guess it was just ment to be.

Patrick ?Ô

Reply to
Patrick Ô¿Ô

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

But the mud just won't look the same. It just blends in. The detail guys weren't there today, so they told me to come back tomorrow and get it cleaned up. Think I should give it a good coat of mud first?

Patrick ?Ô

Reply to
Patrick Ô¿Ô

ABSOLUTELY! ;-)

Reply to
Eric

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

congratulations patrick, thats awesome. youll grow to love the khaki, i sure did. its my favorite color i think. i would have got my '05 rubicon in khaki (just like my '03 was) had it been available with the black top.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

I asked the dealer if they could switch tops, but my wife said no she like the matching colors. That solved that, she let me get the jeep so I didn't want to push my luck. How many rubicons did you end up getting? I remember you have trouble with atleast one that DC replaced for you.

Patrick ?Ô

Reply to
Patrick Ô¿Ô

i hope you wife will like the color of the mud on that new toy !!!

lol

Pat

"Patrick ?Ô" a écrit dans le message de news: N7cke.10042$ snipped-for-privacy@fe05.lga...

Reply to
Patrick

here are all of my tj's

Nathan W. Collier

She loves the color of mud, she almost cried when we gave them the keys to my 02. Yellow and mud go good together, now to just find out what kaki and mud look like.

Patrick ?Ô

Reply to
Patrick Ô¿Ô

Now...all she has to do is get the keys away from you! =)

Reply to
jbjeep

Good thing for me is she cant drive a stick :-). Got it in the mud today, found out first thing to buy for it is a winch. I did the stupid thing and stoped in mud, wanted to test the tires, not as good as I hoped. Went and got one of the tractors to pull it out, and got it stuck too. Had to get a second tractor to push the first to take slack off tow strap, then had to use chain and lengthen everything. Second tractor is new, so had better tires. It pulled it out without much trouble. Kaki does look pretty good with mud. Now I just have to wait until next weekend to see how it does on dry trails. Already have 500 miles on it and Love It.

Patrick ?Ô

Reply to
Patrick Ô¿Ô

I highly recommend a Come-A-Long as your first winch:

These are inexpensive and 'normally' will work anytime, anywhere. even if you get a powered winch after, they do die and wear out at the worst of times, so I always have and recommend others have the hand winch along as backup.

Mike

"Patrick ?Ô" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Bad thing about come-alongs.. you have to be there, in the midst of it, cranking on it.... not a safe position.

Be sure to put a blanket, jacket, *something* across the long cable span when pulling... this is common knowlege around here... just CYA. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

If you don't practice safe winching procedures, no place around or even in the vehicle is safe.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I'm with Steve - those things are f*king lethal - no way are their ratings real. Buy something decent like a griphoist/tirfor or whatever you call them your side of the pond, and you will see what their interpretation of a 1.5-3 ton winch is ; a lot bigger.

You can't avoid being near those come-along things, and they don't obey the number one rule of winch design; i.e. the rope is NOT the weakest link.

Dave Milne, Scotland '91 Grand Wag> >

Reply to
Dave Milne

I have broken the wire rope on a Come Along trying to get my Chevy 1/2 ton out of a farm field. I was sunk to the axles imbedded and the wire rope snapped. I had a floor mat over it and it fell.

I have seen them used and have used them a whole pile of times and consider them pretty well mannered.

There are lots of cheap knock off types out there though. I try to buy the real ones.....

Mike

Dave Milne wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain