KJ Coolant Question

The '03 Liberty manual says that you should not use Propylene Glyco based coolants. I've been using Propylene Glycol based in my other vehicles for some time without any apparent ill effects. I prefer using this type, since it is supposed to be less toxic to pets and other animals (yes I know that NO coolant is good for the environment, but accidents can happen).

Does anybody know why Chrysler says to use ONLY Ethylene Glycol based coolant?

Reply to
Bruce Yelen

Hmmm... That's the reason that I use the ethylene glycol... With a small pan underneath to catch any drips so that the neighborhood cats won't have to lick it off the concrete...

Because Chrysler hates cats also? Because they hate it when the damn cats climb on their hoods and scratch the paint?

Reply to
Grumman-581

I think it probably has more to do with the particular corrosion inhibitors included in the coolant, rather than the base.

By the way the antidote for ethylene glycol poisoning is beer.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Earle, isn't beer the "universal" antidote?

message

Reply to
Bruce Yelen

Of course, but only indirectly for most conditions. For instance, beer is an indirect antidote for being rejected by a pretty woman, because it makes all women look pretty. It directly displaces ethylene glycol in the body, thus making it a "particular" antidote for ethylene glycol poisoning.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton