Littl help on after-market cruise control

My son brought his 91 XJ (4.0 l) over this afternoon for "a little help" installing an after market cruise control. I showed him the gargage and went back to my coffee. By supper time, he was to the point of needing to hook up 2 wires: the tach and/or the tach/VSS. The '91 has the electric speed sensor on the tranny but he also needs the tach input. Anybody got a quick pointer to the location and/or the wire colors for these two connections? He was getting ready to hook in to the coil for a tach connection but there has to be a better spot (as well as one that a normal human can reach).

Reply to
Will Honea

Will Honea did pass the time by typing:

Tough call. Might try hitting up the folks at Autometer.

Reply to
DougW

DougW did pass the time by typing:

Url might help.

Being a 91 you should be able to use the coil. That's what my remote start uses to sense engine RPM.

I'd be hitting up the cruise control maker for help.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
philthy