Los Coyotes reservation (SoCal) closing to OHVs?

I heard a rumour that Los Coyotes is limiting their trails to only equestrians after Labor Day. I searched and came up with nothing pro or con.

Is this true? Bummer if so, we've never been...

Reply to
Greg Allen

Yep, I have heard that rumor too. But LCIR has told us so many times that they are closing to 4x4 vehicles that it's almost hard to believe them any more. However, gambling revenue sharing among the Indian tribes has helped LCIR's financial situation so perhaps that rumor, sad as it is, may finally be true.

LET'S HOPE NOT!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

I haven't heard that rumor recently, but we have heard it many times in the past.

Reply to
CRWLR

WTH? How can they let those damn horses tear up the landscape with their sharp hoofs. Plus all the soiled lands by their dumping of horse crap all over the landscape. This will undoubtedly cause serious problems from the relocation of seed and pests carried by these animals. Not to mention the protected plants these animals will graze upon. This cannot be. We must put a stop to it. We absolutely need to form an organization to protect these lands from such destruction.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

I always though horse crap was an excellent fertilizer and completely biodegradable to boot.

Wblane

Not true at all. Horse shit imports non-native plants to an area. These non-native species can drwon out the native species, and throw the entire planet out of orbit. And, you thought global warming was a problem, just wait until the planet wobbles out of the solar system ...

Reply to
CRWLR

Each horse 'donates' 50 lbs of manure and 10 gallons of urine every day.

If half the US citizens(140,000,000) kept a horse, there would be a daily accrual of 7 billion pounds of manure and 1.4 billion gallons of urine.

Not to mention the acres needed to feed these animals...

Reply to
Matt Osborn

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

We would probably need that gun powder too. To keep the hillbillies away from the mares ...

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (CRWLR) wrote....

Hmmm.... I guess we could kind of think as horse shit as a kind of exhaust. Smog even.... Maybe a catconverterthingy could be used to help cut a horses emissions?

RollOver Pete... Check me out at:

RollOver Pete

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

RollOver Pete proclaimed:

Sometime back Scientific American had a short article about pollution in Manhattan, comparing the tons of horse crap that had to be removed from the streets every day and the health hazards of all that crap with the cleaner automobile environment.

As for foreign crap taking over...boy, sounds like the American economy.

Reply to
Lon