BX sinking to quick

Hi,

hope someone here can help me because i can't get a normal answer from the dealers here in belgium.

The actual problem is that after stopping the car, it lowers completely at the back in less than an hour and after about 5 hours the front is down to. is there someone who can tell me what i can do about this problem, driving is normal, there is no leaking of LHM, suspension and breaks act normal but there is a certain stifness in the servo the first 5 min after starting. it's for a BX 16 TRS carbu from 1993 with almost 198000km on the meter .

thanks in advance,

Dompie

Reply to
db

someone will be able to confirm. but if its the same as the xantia there could be an anti sink sphere in the centre at the back.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Beech

Rob Beech ( snipped-for-privacy@robbeech.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not on a BX, no. The anti-sink came in with Xants at the first facelift,

95ish.
Reply to
Adrian

db (dominique snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Sounds to me like the usual trick of the brake valve leaking internally. It's not a problem - what happens is that the rear brakes take their pressure from the rear suspension, so when you have more load in the back, the brakes do more work. As the brake valve wears, so more pressure can "leak" through the brake valve when the car's turned off, and the back sinks faster. With the engine running, the only symptom will be that the pump stays working for a fraction longer.

If you're concerned about it, changing the brake valve will fix it.

Reply to
Adrian

"Adrian" schreef in bericht news:Xns963EAA21A2899adrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.244.170...

Thank you very much for the answer, i'll try it as fast as possible, i'm not really concerned about it but it's a pain in the ass that i always have to wait until it rises even if i just had it turned of a short time before.

Dompie

Reply to
db

db (dominique snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I still reckon that's half the reason that Cit engines always lasted so well - because you had to wait for the car to rise, so weren't tempted to go driving off before the oil had circulated and a little warmth had started to creep in.

Even if you view it as a hassle, it's a small price to pay for the best suspension system any car's ever been fitted with.

Reply to
Adrian

"Adrian" schreef in bericht news:Xns963EC73BF4869adrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.244.170...

Well, i don't mind waiting a while to let it rise in the morning or after i go home after work but when i go to a shop for only about 20 min and then have to wait for it to get up completely from it's lowest position is a little to much i think. but this problem only started recently so, it's worth fixing it after so many years of very good service (in all those years we've never had very much trouble with it, only one hydraulics pump and some new pipes for the coolingsystem, nothing else)

Reply to
db