losing the highbacks! :-)

if all goes well with the rear seat mounts, im finally losing the highbacks. i met a dealer mechanic at the dealer beach jamboree today that wants highback seats for his '02 wrangler. his seats are in as good of condition as mine are. in fact, he only has 200 more miles on his '02 than ive got on my '03. supposed to make the trade wednesday. so is there any reason why the seat mounts wouldnt match? thanks,

Reply to
Nathan Collier

L.W.(ßill)

Nathan I am probably one tenth the welder you are but I'll bet I could make them fit. You should see the overstuffed custom seats, originally made for a Suburban, that we have in my wife's FJ-40. ;o)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

lol......while true, i doubt he would want to trade if it required modifying his jeep. i dont know of any differences other than the '03's have a spring in the mount to flip the back seat up automatically. im hoping its a direct swap.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

I HATE the highbacks!! I want my Sahara seats back!! My Dallas Cowboys season ticket stadium seats were more comfortable, even during a Redskins game. (whining over).

I can't imag> if all goes well with the rear seat mounts, im finally losing the highbacks.

Reply to
twaldron

tell me about it! id really like a set of sahara seats, but at this point im just glad to have _any_ seats to swap out.

theyre black like my original seats, although the pattern is a little different. the 02's pattern against the black looks like swirly icing on a sticky bun, where my highbacks resemble a bad attempt at aztec art.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

LOL! What were they thinking? European? Were the patterns supposed to swing the X-Gen into buying? The 04s are just a FUGLY. Good to hear that you have a trade going and good luck on the fit.

Reply to
Peter Parker

their newest marketing campaigns are "interesting", ill say that.

thanks. if it works ill be completely happy with my jeep, the seats have been my only real complaint.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

I haven't seen a Jeep commercial on TV in a l-o-n-g time! Are they doing something new these days? (The last ones I saw were the "kindler, gentler" Jeep commercials that showed the Libby helping a baby seal back into the ice or serving as a guardrail on the highway.)

Reply to
TJim

have you seen the rubicon commercial?

apple quicktimerequired.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Cool. No, I hadn't seen that. (would have flexed better if they had disconnected the sway bar, though. Looked kind of like a leaf spring jeep with that front wheel hanging out in the air.) ;-) Thanx

Reply to
TJim

no telling who named the file.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
twaldron

i really dont mind the fabric they used, but the blue and red sticks out bad on an otherwise blacked out interior. i was hoping to find the same fabric on '02 "normal" back seats that i could just dye, but no luck. the fabric on the '02 seats isnt bad. the swirly marks look sorta teeny-bopperish, but i bet it can be dyed out. even if it cant it will be great to feel like im sitting in a jeep again.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

Reply to
twaldron

AH HA!!! These must be the older style BFG M/Ts instead of the newer style M/T KMs.

Finally a pic. Am I right?

Reply to
Peter Parker