Losing Umph uphill

Hello again. I am losing my umph going uphill _sometimes_! This was main reason/concern about the canister. I have replaced the choke pull-off, fuel filter, and fuel pump. I have to go over a 'hill' on my way to work every night and sometimes it is no problem. Other times, it seems as though the carb is flooding out. This carb is like no other I've seen, is it an _easy_ rebuild? Is the 'carb' my problem? TIA. Dan

Reply to
Daniel Paisley

I probably won't be of much help to you with your problem, but I'll tell you this (which eventually MAY get you some help..) Without knowing what kind of vehicle this is, what year it is, mileage, etc.. It is next to impossible for anyone to help you.. Re-Post with more details, and pray to the RAMJ+W Gods.

Reply to
Dave

Dave wrote : I probably won't be of much help to you with your problem, but I'll tell you this (which eventually MAY get you some help..) Without knowing what kind of vehicle this is, what year it is, mileage, etc.. It is next to impossible for anyone to help you.. =A0 Re-Post with more details, and pray to the RAMJ+W Gods. ________________________________________ Ha! Totally my bad! I just guessed that since I've posted so many dumb questions that everyone knew what I had :) Maybe I should also not post while inebriated? Nah, I like being inebriated. Ok, '89 Wrangler with a

258. Dan
Reply to
Daniel Paisley

On Mon, 9 May 2005 13:18:07 -0400 in , snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Daniel Paisley) graced the world with this thought:

First thing I thought was fuel filter, but I see you did that... have you hunted down any vacuum leaks?

Reply to
bizbee

The kit for the carb runs about $20.00 and is easy to do. i just make a point of not taking anything apart that doesn't need to be moved to clean.

To test the canister, just drive home tonight with the gas cap loose or off. If it still bogs, the canister is fine.

I don't know if you have tested the canister or not or changed it's air filter?

Mike

Daniel Paisley wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain