Monroe Shocks?

Does anyone know how Monroe HD shocks compare to Old Man Emu - assuming both are not gas-charged? I believe my 93 YJ still has the factory shocks on it and are getting a little jittery. I do very little serious off-roading - mostly highway and dirt roads - and would like something that rides as smooth as possible.

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

Doetsch Tech DT-3000 shocks have improved the ride of many, many YJ Wranglers and is what I recommend. I'm no longer running them for lift-related reasons but they were the best riding shock of any of the five brands my Jeep has seen.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

A few years ago I had the OME.ARB rep tell us flat out that Monroe and OME shocks are made in the same plant on the same assembly line only at different times. Difference was that the OME design belongs to OME and Monroe can't copy them in any manner. Wonder who owned the 'yellow' colored shock first :-) The OME is the cushiest riding system provided you have the matching springs or know how to match springs from other companies to the OME shocks. Our YJ already has 4" on it and we will probably go with DT's and put them in myself, ever try to buy shocks at sears after mentioning the word 'lift', to Sears that 4 letter word goes with the other 4 letter words.

"Jerry Bransford" wrote in news:icy6b.46449$Qy4.31027@fed1read05:

Reply to
Rich Pierson