Mopar Jeep Xtreme Battery?

Anyone got any experience with these? Found them in the rebate/deal section on the Mopar website looking for the powerPro batteries.

Comparisons to the DieHard SUV battery?

Optima RedTop?

Exide Orbital?

Got an old DieHard at 60.1 months on a 60 month warranty, and behaving as expected at that age...

Reply to
Lon

Lon did pass the time by typing:

Not a clue. :/

I just go for the largest CCA and reserve that will fit. Right now it's a PepBoys battery, came with a huge 7 year non prorated warranty. Heavy bugger too.

My ol Mopar battery only lasted one year. I'll stick with batteries where the stores are widely available.

Reply to
DougW

The advantage a battery like an Optima or Exide Orbital has in a Jeep over a conventional battery is they are essentially shock and vibration proof. Take a conventional battery offroading enough and the plates will be knocked loose and start shorting cells out.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Believe it or not Johnson Controls makes 90% of all the batteries in the US no matter what the brand name is. They also make 95% of all automotive and aircraft seats and interiors.

HarryS

Reply to
HarryS

I know someone who got a 24V NiCad aircraft battery "scrap dead" and found enough good cells (they're removable individually) to make a 12V battery for his truck. Used the case, quick detach cable plug and all. It lasted seven years ...in Montana.

I just buy the biggest battery I can get halfway cheaply. I put a marine dual purpose battery in a trunk mount case (from the local street squirrel schlock rod supply) in my fine DCX product and saved a lot of money off the "right" battery-nearly $200.

Reply to
Ted Azito