My 73 Jeep CJ5

Well I am now understanding why people love Jeeps so much. I bought a

73 Jeep cj5 with the 304 V8 about 6 months ago and I love it to death! People say thats its a poor choice for every day transportation but I dont want to spend my money on another vehicle. I'd much rather put my hard earned cash into it. I was pretty fortunate to find it in amazing condition. Sure I banged it up a little playing in the mountains but that is what its all about right? I've been shopping around online trying to find after market extras for it and I'm running into alot of issues. It seems that alot of the good stuff doesn't go back much further than 76 or so. Does anyone know where to find a wide variety of things for older models like mine? Or how compatible are parts for the newer models with a little extra work? Can it even be done? I'd hate to have to shop around for a newer Jeep just to hook it up. Either way, I'm keepin this stud for a long time.
Reply to
tshack13

Have a 75 cj5, here , original owner, 72 to 75 are the best ! parts can be a problem....the three cables for the heater for 76 and later work . also the rubber bumpers at the front of the hood...a recent JP mag., had a list of dealers in used parts, sure you can google search and find dealers...good luck , and have fun...Gene

Reply to
Gene

Have you had any experiences with the aftermarket heater control cables? The ones I got through either 4WD or Quadratrac are, um, crap and prone to breaking if you look at them.

-- "We began to realize, as we plowed on with the destruction of New Jersey, that the extent of our American lunatic fringe had been underestimated." Orson Wells on the reaction to the _War Of The Worlds_ broadcast.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

I saw a lot of items for 75 and older listed at a place called

I have never purchased anything from them, so don't know any more than that!

Just don't give up, the stuff you need is out there somewhere, some of these folks can help you find it.

Good Luck, Bruce

Reply to
Highcountry

Reply to
djdave

Not sure where you're at .................... but:

Rod Gramlich