My Back-Up Lights Are OUT!

Went out tonight and noticed my back-up lights are not working...what gives, the whole tailight assemblies are maybe a month old.

I mean it was a plug in assembly.

Any guesses??

Thanks

Ross

Jack-Jack

Jack-Jack did pass the time by typing:

Bulbs, fuse, bad reverse switch, gremlins.

I'd start by checking fuses.

Reply to
DougW

and don't forget -- bad ground...

Reply to
Morrissey

You probably used them too much in daytime and overloaded them.

Paul Calman

Check to make sure you don't have a lot of corrosion. I've had to re-build sections of the rear harness to get my tail lights working again.

Reply to
Michael White

-------- If you have a manual transmission, there's a 2 socket wire that slides over the 2 prongs that stick out of the switch on the driver's side of the tranny. I have an 82 CJ-7 and have the same problem from time to time. It hangs down in plain view when it pops off.

Norman

Reply to
Norman

You either have burned out bulbs or a dead or unplugged switch. If it was a bad ground (the mounting bolts are the ground), the brake lights wouldn't work also.

Did you put stock assemblies in? Have you been messing with any wiring near the transmission? Did you put high watt bulbs in and maybe burn out the switch?

Mike

Jack-Jack wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

That was cute :)

Reply to
KJKate

Thanks Norman that's exactly what it was any way to tighten up that connection?

Reply to
Jack-Jack

LOL! ___________________________________________________________ tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco 03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5" 01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,

1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email) ___________________________________________________________

Paul Calman wrote:

Reply to
twaldron