My Jeep Keeps Stalling Can Anyone Help

I have a '85 CJ7 Laredo. I have spent the last couple of years messing around with it. Here is what it has:

  1. Fiberglass Body,
  2. New Carb
  3. Removed exhaust manifold and put on headers.
  4. Ravin muffler
  5. KC Head lights.

Among other things. Point is that after my last project (the new carb.) The jeep ran great - for about a day. Then it hesitates and stalls for no reason (while I am driving or sitting still).

Some times it starts back up with other times It won't even turn over. If it sits for awhile it will start and sometimes it runs well for an hour or so and then back to the hesitating and stalling.

I have chased down every ground connection (that I can get to), looked for poorly crimped wires, etc.

Can anyone help?

Reply to
brandon.armstrong

Is your starter solenoid well grounded?

Does it share a ground with the ignition module?

What did you do with the computer now that it is in limp home mode?

I also have a 'glass CJ7.

Mike

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Not sure if it is the same, ... (please correct me if I'm wrong everybody)

But that all sounds very similar to a friend's VW Beetle a few years ago.. it ended up being his ignition coil. When the thing heated up, the engine would die, until it cooled off... at which point, you could start it up and run for a while..

Check the spark quality when it's running fine, then check it after it stalls..?

Reply to
Dave

Ignition module can do that too. Electronic stores sell spray freeze so you can spray the coil or module and see if it comes back good. On a 'glass body, ground loop issues can cause strange stuff like that too and overheat parts.

Mike

Dave wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I did the same thing by holding a can of "canned air" upside down all the propellant comes out first and it's mighty cold...sprayed the ignition module problem gone, easy to diagnose

Reply to
Pi-Eyed Piper

Yeah we had a lot of fun freezing stuff with canned air at work when I was in the IT department.. I can vouch for it's freezing capabilities. And for the fact that no one likes it when you come up behind them at their desk and spray a drop of the prepellant on the back of their neck. Yowza that's cold.

Reply to
Dave

LOL, Been there done that!!!

Reply to