my jeep sometimes shanks TJ

I have a 99 Jeep wrangler sport and some times when i get up to like

45 MPH the gear shift starts to shake relley bad and now the steering wheel is starting to shake also but this happins only sometimes like one or two times a month. I put a 2 1/2 inch Spacer lift on my wrangler this started after I took my jeep to hollistor hills (a 4 wheel drive course) Oh and one more thing My axle bottom bracket broke off on the right side.could this happin because of the broken bracket it is U bolted to the axle now and tell I can get my brother to help me weld back in to place (again) hope you guys can help me out on this? Thanks a head of time Jamie
Reply to
Jamie Mello

The broken part is the most likely culprit. Once that is fixed, if it continues you may want to check the motor mounts, including the transmission mount and all suspension bushings and associated bolts, etc.

Reply to
nrs