New tools!

Santa (clevery disguised as my girlfriend) came a day late last night and brought me a Craftsman 4pc 19.2V cordless set. It comes with a 5 1/2" Skill Saw, 1/2" drive drill, Sawzall, flourescent lamp, two batteries, a charger, and a tote bag big enough for it all.

All ready saved me a few hours today at work. I was able to keep the skillsaw with me up on the scaffolding, which allowed me to cut the siding in the garage and make the small trims up on the scaffolding instead of venturing through the snow back to the garage! Not to mention lightweight compared to the boss's big Bosch skillsaw. It certainly doesn't have the muscle of the plug-in saw, but it is really handy for trim cuts!

If anyone is interested, I'll re-post in a few months and let you guys know how everything is holding up.

Carl

Reply to
Carl

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Carl.

The small battery circular saws are very handy indeed. The down side of battery powered tools is the price of replacement batteries! For a instance for a 12 Volt battery for a DeWalt drill, circular saw and a flashlight is $59!!! I bought a new drill, not Dewalt, with two 19 volts batteries for $39.

JoBo

Jo Bo

Home Depot's Rigid brand of battery powered tools have a lifetime warranty on the batteries.

billy ray

Jo,

That is indeed a concern of mine. Santa, however, is one step ahead of me. She bought the two-year unlimited warranty, covering even the batteries.

Carl

Carl

Thanks, Bill. You too.

Carl

Carl

I think I said this once before... I LOVE Ridgid tools!

*grin*

I got a new palm sander just before Christmas. My excuse was . umm... I forget, but I got it and it workd GREAT! Uses the velcro backed paper. At first I thought that was kind of a hokey idea but I am warming to it more and more.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

Oh - that's really great! Good Girl! Santa brought me a replacement for for my little Milwaulkee driver, and I mean LITTLE

it was $24 pkus shipping. (had to feed the reindeer ya know)But it lasted about four years of heavy use before it died. Kate

Kate

Cool.

Carl