No Scramber? Next best thing to buy?

So, if I cannot find a Scrambler (which I haven't yet) to have as a second "play" car to drive around these mountains in Western NC; what particular Jeep (model, etc.) would you suggest I look at buying; assuming I want/need to be in a price range of 5K to7K? I do want

4WD and to be able to have the wind in my hair? I'm not wanting something as a fixer upper. Thanks for your thoughts. Ain't the internet cool? Amelia
Reply to
Amelia

twaldron
7G's will buy a very nice CJ7

Reply to
Fletcher

Check:

Also, I found a bunch here the other day:

You can also try:

hth,

bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Probably farther away than you were really looking to drive, but this ad ran in the Boise Idaho newspaper this weekend. The area code would be 208 in front of the # below. It's not mine, I don't know the guy & I haven't seen the Jeep, but I assume he wouldn't mind me posting this if it turns into a sale.

If I don't get flamed for posting with a Yahoo account, and someone wants me to, I could probably find time to go look it over and report back.

--Classified ad Begins:----------------------- $6,900, JEEP 1981 Scrambler Recent paint & upholstery. Immac. cond. No rust. Green w/gray trim. 4spd. 4WD. 4cyl. 104K mi. 22+mpg. SHARP! $6,900. 922-3422 ...

--Classified ad Ends:-------------------------

This posting is not commercial spam. If you feel compelled to correct my spelling do it in your garage at the top of your lungs and don't bother telling me about it. If you don't like my ISP or my choice of email service please don't bother me with your opinions.

Matthew '82 CJ-7 Renegade (I'd post a picture but someone would make fun of my carpet, garage, wall paint, dog, etc.)

Reply to
matthewf

Try

I saw at least one on there in your price range right now.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

I live in NC too and have been shopping a CJ, actually watch E-bay there has been a nice white one on there from SC or western NC, and grab yourself a Carolina Bargin Trader,

-- Bruce

99 White WJ 4x4 Select Trac 89 YJ 03 Liberty Ltd L.O.S.T #000256 90 XJ6 Sovereign
Reply to
BWM