NP231 to NP241 Swap

I have the chance to get my hands on a NP241 transfer case from a Chevy manual tranny. Will this transfer case work in place of my NP231? I heard or read somewhere that the 241 is stouter than the 231. Can anyone verify this

TIA

chris

Reply to
gosling1

The 241 is rated at a little less torque but it's basically comparable. The real issue you will have is the length: the 241 is longer so you'll need a rear driveshaft change as well, which may be a real problem if this is a YJ/TJ (you don't say). The front shaft will be fine.

Reply to
Will Honea

Opps forgot that. It was going to under my 94YJ. That came to a screeching halt Friday night after I flipped mine. Now I get to spend my time putting everything back together before going to Gray Rock this coming weekend.

chris d.

Reply to
gosling1

Approximately 11/23/03 13:44, gosling1 uttered for posterity:

A real Jeeper would have done the swap while the shiny side was downwards.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)