[OT] Condition and construction along I-70 in Colorado

Anyone along I-70 thru Colorado willing to give status on I-70?

Dimly recall some problems with washouts last winter.

Any heavy construction detours or delays between Grand Junction and Denver?

Thankz...

Reply to
Lon

Between April and November, always expect construction here in CO. It's aprticularly bad going across Wolf Creek, as it has been for the last five years (new tunnel), and right below Silverton at Molas Pass where they're widening to reduce rockslide hazards. In a nutshell, you can;t get from Durango to anywhere without 45+ minute delays. Plan accordingly. (I'm told it will be finished before I can claim Social Security.)

Reply to
Jerry McG

Nope. A few small construction zones, I was delayed maybe 5-10 minutes at the one outside of Edwards last week (near Vail), but nothing to worry about.

Reply to
Kevin S.

Thanks... hopefully will get a chance to drop thru there and see how some of the old trails below Green River and Hanksville are doing...

Reply to
Lon