OT: DC at it again

Hey all - I know not specifically Jeep related.. but caught this article this afternoon... I guess that's one way to try and sell vehicles.... ;) Paul

Paw

I wonder if they would tow my AMC Wrangler.

Reply to
Steve Foley

Good question.. probably nobody there in management @ this point knows the lineage ;))

Reply to
Paw

Were there any "AMC" Wranglers?

Reply to
Sleestak

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

As I understand it, AMC created the Wrangler and it reached the public around the same time that Chrysler acquired them.

-D

Reply to
Derrick Hudson

Sounds like a plant management decision, not a corporate decision. If it was corporate you'd see it at every Diamler plant.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Sounds a really cunning plan to get the most out of the workforce. Wait for the "I'm sorry I can't stay late tonight doing unpaid overtime, I need to spend extra time walking to my car" excuses.

Dave Milne

oddly enough i think its a good idea. i dont have a problem with demonstrating loyalty to your employer....in fact i expect it. if for whatever reason you cant be loyal to your employer, find another one. if your skills arent good enough to get you another position elsewhere, park in the back without whining and be damn thankful for the job you have. no they shouldnt be able to make you buy one of their products but if they give a little more to those who do i dont have a problem with it.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Yup.

I bought mine a few weeks before Chrysler bought them.

Reply to
Steve Foley

Bet Exce's at those plants park up close to the doors, and on ocassion drive their wife's gm or ford soccer mobile. Now if the plants went with a parking priority of models, ie. Jeeps park in the front 15% of rows trailing out too the fugly nazi designed cars in the back. As an employee I would love to see the pick boss up stairs running through the rain..

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

jeeps should park in the field out back. jeeps dont like pavement. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Hmmm, as far as I remember, AMC had the same policy in their Kenosha, WI plant.

I believe that Chrysler and now Daimler still maintain that same policy at the Kenosha engine plant.

I'll have to drive by sometime and look at the signs again.

Maybe it is news to those folks in Philly, but it isn't all that uncommon in the industry.

Reply to
<seveyj

Who said the front of the lot was paved??? lol besides a nice mud soaked jeep dripping fresh mud parked beside the exec's nice new 300 ... Priceless... :))

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

What a quaint idea, loyalty, hmm doesn't it go both ways? Loyalty to your employees too? I laugh at corporate america as they whine that employees don't have any loyalty, but let something go wrong with their market and BOOM, layoffs.

I have a cartoonist that follows me around and chronicles my life. ;-) Here are a couple that really fit here:

I don't have an issue with an employer that want to encourage the use of its product, just so long as it comes with a steep discount. My employer gives its product to employees free as a benefit of employment. Admittedly you'd never what to have to use our product, but that's another story

Dean

Dean

Exactly - that's capitalism. I'm not needed - they lay me off. I get paid more elsewhere, I leave. "the employer" is the shareholders in fact. The only real "loyalty" is to co-workers where it means something.

Dave Milne

Yup sounds like my company... I work 10hrs 40min per shift on mids.. I now receive NO shift pay for working midnights, I have to work an extra 1/2 hr for lunch break which they no longer pay, in the past 2 years I have infact lost 8% of wages and by the time this lil contract is over I will still be paid the same I was last year, with no overtime, no shift premium, unpaid lunch, no wage increase for 6 yrs, totalling around a 17% loss. They think its my job to be prepared to jump when they say jump... f8ck them..... :)

rant done

Snow...

Reply to
Snow

Hi Nate - I agree w/ you in the loyalty factor - that said I could give a crap what the last 2 companies I worked for said - and I did exercise my right to find another employer as such. It sounds like you actually treat your employees well, which in today's age of business seems to be the exception to the norm. All I ask from a company is that they treat me fairly and have some ethics - easier written in an 'employee handbook' than actually carried out by corporate management. :)

Paul

Reply to
Paw

Reply to