OT don't mess with Chrysler's Lawyers

Some in this group have had run ins with DaimlerChrysler's legal group and came away poorer and licking their wounds. :-( Well it seems a computer company, SCO, sued Chrysler and AutoZone over their use of Linux. (a free computer operating system for the non-geeks) Seems SCO thinks that they own some of the code in Linux and since it is free they don't make any money. The only problem is the SCO is unwilling to prove they own the code and seem to want to get rid of Linux by suing their customers, IBM, Novell, and anybody else they can think of. Needless to say SCO is immensely unpopular with the Linux crowd.

When I read this article I thought of Nathan and Dennis's issues with DC lawyers.

Here are a few snippets from the article;

"DaimlerChrysler's lawyers didn't just beat SCO. They kicked SCO up one side of the courtroom and down the other. They stomped all over SCO's famous law firm. They demolished SCO . . . ."

"There was something joyous, something gleefully vicious, in the DaimlerChrysler legal filings. They didn't just ooze confidence -- they exploded with it."

I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of those Pit Bulls in suits. But in this case I did enjoy SCO getting its clock cleaned.

Dean

Reply to
Dean

i spent the afternoon drinking cold beer while flyfishing in the yellowstone river (strill trying to get the hang of it, but ill get there). i saw deer the size of horses drinking just upstream from me, and there wasnt another soul around for miles and miles. if this is licking my wounds then ill just say that it hurts so good! :-)

Reply to
MontanaJeeper

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

actually no, but that you would draw that conclusion tells me its worth watching. i hear it was filmed here and has some awesome scenery, but havent been able to find it on any p2p because its so old.

lol.....kerry will become a conservative before i become a greenie. i have a lot of respect for my natural surroundings, but that just means i conduct myself responsibly.

Reply to
MontanaJeeper

Geez I saw a Movie with that title but it had Brad Pitt in it.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
FrankW

Redford directed it.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

"deer the size of horses" are probably "elk." Elk taste good.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
twaldron

these were deer.....perhaps i should have worded it a little differently. youre right though, elk is delicious.

Reply to
MontanaJeeper

heh.....it takes a bit of getting used to. at this point im not even trying to catch anything, im just trying to learn how to do it properly without hurting myself and everyone around me. :-)

Reply to
MontanaJeeper

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
FrankW

Reply to
twaldron

Oh you are so right.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

I lived out in British Columbia and you'll find a lot of the lakes are flyfish only. Being a Bass angler I was discouraged at first....but wow, once I picked up that flyrod I couldnt' put it down! I never did catch anything with it (other than when trawling/trolling?) but I could stack it pretty good...roll it and flip it! Was working on my accuracy when I moved and I haven't gone fishing yet....I'm homesick for it!

Reply to
SB

Opps, I didn't mean to imply that there were any remaining wounds. You handled that whole issue pretty well IMHO. What I was trying to say is that DC lawyers are Pit Bulls in suits. You stood up to them and even SCO with its huge dollars to spend on lawyers still had DC hand it to them.

Dean

Reply to
Dean

Earle Horton proclaimed:

The Montana blacktail in particular can get quite huge in good food areas, not that extreme to see a big buck near the size of a cow elk.

Just wait 'till Nathan sees a moose...

Reply to
Lon

heh...im going to be fishing with my buddy (may as well be my brother) from sidney tomorrow. hes both a native american and a native montanan (and a big reason we came here). hes probably forgot more about flyfishing than i know about it, so im looking forward to the tips.

Reply to
MontanaJeeper

due to local regulations or what?

im enjoying it plenty but ill be the first to tell you how bad i suck at it. :-)

Reply to
MontanaJeeper

yeah. people tell me that the white tail are really plentiful around here but all ive seen so far are mule.

Reply to
MontanaJeeper