OT- $3 gas doesn't look bad (by comparison)

This website lists gas prices for the US and selected European countries by week from 1996 to current:

Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Yeah, but we don't live in Europe.

Mark

65 Cruiser
Mark Anderson

Paul Just wait until the trickle down effect hits the price on all consumer goods. We are definitely headed for third world country status. Right now, in this area, the middle class is dissapearing fast. With the average cost of a new home at $250,000.00+ and rent for a 1 or 2 bedroom house at $1200.00 to $1500.00 a month the American dream has evaporated. Read today's Parade Magazine. Hell, we are damn near there now with all the illegal assholes in this country. It's about time we the American public take charge of our country and tell the bastards in Washinton that we demand change, but we all know that ain't gonna happen because for the most part we are sheeple.

Reply to
Ron Butts

We were warned about putting two oil men in the White House.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Yeah, now if we can just figure out how they got all those hurricanes to hit all at the same time.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Thomas Jefferson remarked to the effect that a revolution every twenty years or so is in order. Seems that we're about two hundred years behind schedule.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

The alternative was two lawyers. No brainer here...

JT

Alex Magdaleno wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Two lawyers one of whom never had a real job in his life!

Jeff DeWitt

Grumpy AuC> The alternative was two lawyers. No brainer here...

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Just saw this:

"The outcome of the 2004 United States presidential election would be different if a new ballot took place this year, according to a poll by Bloomberg and the Los Angeles Times. 47 per cent of respondents would vote for Democrat John Kerry, while 40 per cent would support Republican George W. Bush."

and

"In a hypothetical match-up, Americans now say they would vote for President Clinton over George W. Bush ? a change from last winter when Bush was the preferred candidate ? according to a new ABCNEWS.com poll. (ABCNEWS.com) "

BTW, I don't blame GW for the gas prices, the way the way is going, he'd be blamed for earthquakes.

Jeff DeWitt wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

It's called Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

Lee

Reply to
61hawk

...or whining over spilled milk!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

It's a lot more than just hurricanes. The hurricanes are long gone. Saber rattling at Iran is more recent and the world oil prices went up right after that. The lack of any increase in auto fuel standard has made us more and more dependant on foreign oil which drives up the price. The war we were lied into in Iraq has driven up the price.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

I'll take two lawyers any day over two incompetents who mislead us into the wrong war while Bin Laden continues to make his tapes. Bush never ran a successful company on his own so why did anyone think he could run the country.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Yeah, and I bet you'd pick different lottery numbers last week too.

Lee

Reply to
61hawk

Ya gotta luv libruls... Especially one (Kerry) who never accomplished anything and the other (Edwards) who was a trial lawyer from your neck o' the woods. The only finding an advantage of having two "John(s)" would be the neighborhood pimp...

JT

(Who is not a Bush lover by any means but also had no alternative in 2004)

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Yeah and I'm already looking for the "Punt" button in the voting booth for the 2008 election after looking at both sides so far.

Lee

Reply to
61hawk

Page two of the manual.... Give it a rest Alex. You don't have to repeat yourself here ad nauseum. We know where you stand, and who you blame. And we know the lyrics to your song.

And it isn't just you......But you just can't leave any of it alone....

I'm going out and working on some Stude stuff.... Jeff

"Alex Magdaleno" wrote...

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

Not a word here about China and India using up more oil and supply and demand issues? Hmmmm... A lot more Alex..... But keep on with this...

2008 is coming....

"Alex Magdaleno" wrote...

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

Yeah Alex I will agree with you on this, the lack of any increase in automobile fuel stands has made us more and more dependant on foreign oil... but unlike your thinking, I don't believe this didn't suddenly happen within the past 6 years.

As far as your "war we were lied into"... it took a lot more than two men to put us into it... Aunt Hillary, Uncle Teddie, Uncle Kerry and even little Johnny Edwards voted for it. You're going to have to spread the blame a little thinner to cover everyone involved. Now get back out there on the corner and continue your little tantru... err, protest.

Lee

Reply to
61hawk

Dumbass.