HELP!! Popping getting louder

My wife's 00 XJ LTD (auto, 4.0L, selec-trac x-fer case, Chrysler 8.25 w/trac-loc) is still popping when it stops. Only when the axle seems to have been warmed up, though. Doesn't do it cold at all. AND, it doesn't do the "pop pop pop..pop...pop...pop" as I slow down if I stop abruptly. In that case it just pops once at the end.

What the heck could this be?!?!? The u-bolts holding the spring packs on are tight, the shackles are good to go, the rear driveshaft u-joints are ok, and the drive shaft only has about 1/8" play when rotated. I just changed the diff fluid thinking that was the problem (yes, I put the additive in there).

HELP! I need to get this fixed before something bad happens!

Eric

Reply to
Eric