OT software recommendation

im looking for a very basic cad program that will design very basic structural steel (simple bridge work, trailers, cages, etc). autocad seems like overkill, surely theres a simple cad program that is basically an electronic version of graph paper and a ruler? although my topic seems totally off topic, its actually on topic more than i can say at this point. thanks,

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Nathan W. Collier did pass the time by typing:

There used to be one but Microstation bought them up. :/

You could try turbocad. It's not cheap but it looks good.

Reply to
DougW

DougW did pass the time by typing:

ACK! PHATPHINGER strikes again...

Also try here.
I use Microstation. That IS overkill. High priced and Autocad beats it for capability.

Then there is Visio, but it doesn't do 3d.

Reply to
DougW

thanks doug!

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

here is a couple things to look at:

and of course if money is not object:

-- bob z. p.s.

"people with less brain power than you are doing more difficult things everyday"©

Reply to
bob zee

Minicad - err, now Vectorworks.

Brian