OT: Spyware

Such as not using Internet Exploder or Windows Media player or enabling Active-X, or using any version of Outlook, or making sure that unused services are disabled, or not doing any RPC functions, or better yet, using any non-Microsoftian product

Sincerely hope you don't seriously believe that.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Possibly, and rarely needed by the webserver. Most can be safely blocked and still use the particular site. Of course then you have cookies or image bugs that come from different servers that just happen to appear on the website you *think* you are viewing but in fact is handily serving you foreign cookies, image bugs, and web bugs from entirely unrelated domains.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Or *you* might want to read an elementary article on how to use usenet, where your ignorance is exceeded only by your ignorance of computers and web in general.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Possibly spurred on by the fact that the worst product families from the worst vendors by default do top posting. Thus being a reasonably reliable indicator of the technical savvy of the poster.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Awww, gee, like I am *so* impressed. Browsing? What a poseur loser newbie.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

Naww, too many CERT advisories in hands of the unwashed and too much of a PITA if running one of the C2 varieties.

Run MVS/ESA.

Reply to
L0nD0t.$t0we11

If you snip enough it doesn't matter where you put it !

Reply to
Dave Milne

Honestly, I'm not sure someone running a seven year old copy of Windows, with no concept of system security, is in a position to be giving advice on how to use the Internet... let alone calling someone ignorant as to "computers and the web in general"...

Reply to
Daniel Melameth

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I happen to know what I'm doing... netstat shows everything it should be showing... ;-)

Reply to
Daniel Melameth

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

That box is a UNIX-like system that is really unrelated to the machine I'm posting from...

Reply to
Daniel Melameth